sarah w. holland, md
Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery, Dr. Sarah Holland is a passionate expert in her field. She is a graduate of Colby College where she played Field Hockey and Lacrosse while preparing for medical school at Cornell University. After her first year of medical school she married her high school sweetheart, an architect, who has not only supported her mission, but has designed her new office in Falmouth, Maine.
At Cornell, Dr. Holland was inspired by mentors that encouraged her to follow her aspirations in Plastic Surgery. From there she went on to spend 6 years in residency and fellowship at the University of Pittsburgh where she worked with many world renowned plastic surgeons.
Dr. Holland then took the position of Assistant Professor at Columbia University where she had a busy clinical practice and also worked to educate the next generation of Plastic Surgery residents. She has traveled to Guatemala and Dominican Republic on multiple surgical mission trips, and plans to continue this work in the future. Returning to Maine in 2006, she continued her professional and personal development and dedicated herself to serving individuals in Southern Maine.
Dr. Holland is committed to providing a patient-centered practice where innovative, highly-skilled practices go hand in hand with outstanding patient care and outcomes.
• B.A., Colby College, Waterville, ME
• M.D., Cornell University Medical College, NY, NY 1998
• Residency, Surgery, University Health Center of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA 1999-2001
• Fellowship, Pediatric and Craniofacial Surgery, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Pittsburgh, PA 2001-2002
• Residency, Plastic Surgery, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Pittsburgh, PA 1998-2004
Specialty Board Certifications:
• American Board of Plastic Surgery (member since 2006)
Professional Society Memberships:
• American Society of Plastic Surgery (member since 2006)
• American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (member since 2019)
Journey Back to Maine
In 2006, having close ties to Maine, Dr. Holland and her family made the decision to move to southern Maine. Dr. Holland loves the area and is committed to providing Maine patients with personal, innovative, outstanding care.
Dr. Holland's Family
She, her husband and three daughters enjoy skiing, sailing in Casco Bay, and relaxing at Panther Pond with their 2 dogs.
*Disclaimer: Individual results and experience may vary.